Friday, August 03, 2018

McQueen

Even with a bad cold breaking, I dosed up on cold meds to head into town to meet a bestie to see this documentary, which was sold out.   Every year there is usually a fashion themed documentary to watch, and they are always fascinating, even the ones where I don't know much about the designer.  I knew a little about Alexander McQueen, and the movie helped to put his story in a logical order for me.  His talent and skill were just outstanding, such a creative eye although I do wonder about the wear ability of his outfits - I guess they were never designed with mere mortals in mind.

The whole movie though was an interesting look at both his public and private lives, with interviews from most of his inner circle including his sister and nephew, ex partners and work colleagues.  The pressure to put on 14 shows a year must have been intense and it is hard to watch as it all begins to unravel.  5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I have little interest in the fashion industry, as I feel it is one of those industries that simply feeds itself: fashions are designed so that people will take pictures of them and people take pictures of them so fashions are designed. Little seems to be designed for people actually to wear.