Saturday, July 04, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Knives Out

Friday was a big day of socializing, so tonight is fine dining with a plate of chicken nuggets and a diet coke on the couch, and  ready for a movie.  Knives Out started playing over the Christmas break here, and after lockdown is still in rotation in the arthouse cinema.  I was almost going to go and see it, but even a 7.30pm showing seems too late in the evening for me over the winter time.  However it is a fine time to sit on the couch and watch it on my own tv.

I heard rumours of how much other viewers liked this who dunnit.  I found myself somewhat confused.  Famous author is found dead after his 85th birthday, and all of the dysfunctional family are questioned as to who could have killed him.  I was somewhat distracted by Daniel Craig and his terrible accent, and kept expecting him to start running or take off his shirt  - but alas no 007 action here.  I did have to Google the movie a couple of times to in order to figure out the plot and who the characters were. 

So it is a Saturday night 3.5/5 from me.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I've heard of this one and, though I haven't seen it, it sounds like a poor imitation of real whodunnits from the golden age of mysteries. They can't seem to do them well now.