Saturday, September 12, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - The Good Liar


 The good liar is a spin on the old con man story starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellan.   I had seen the trailers but missed it at the cinema, and wish I had seen it there.  Sometimes I am somewhat distracted by the phone and laptop while watching a movie, and tonight was one such night.  So he plays the con man, searching out older women and trying to fleece them out of their funds, however he has met his match, and is of course outsmarted.  No big surprises, and in doing the maths I think this movie must have meant to be set in the late 90s not in 2020.  Still I enjoyed seeing the match of these two greats on the screen, and think that they were both perfect in their roles, and how long they had to wait to work together.  4/5

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

It looks like a movie powered by talent - acting, if not writing. There aren't many movies like that made these days.

sallyhicks said...

One of the best movies I’ve seen fora long time. I think Helen Mirams is my favourite actor. So hard to find another film as good at the moment.