Saturday, June 27, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Fisherman's Friends

A day working an early shift meant a wee nap for me when I got home from work.  Dinner was lazy leftovers and I sat and watched the news which was depressing, and the final in the latest series of Call the Midwife, which was a different sort of sad.  So I felt like a heart warming British movie like Fisherman's Friends.  The based on a true story movie, is about a music man who heads to Cornwall on a stag do, and hears a group of Cornish fisherman who sing sea shanties together for the locals.  It was nice and sweet as expected, with the odd cheery moment, without being to twee.  I did find myself singing along too!!  As I saw in a comment, this is a Boy Band I would want to go and see live, but who knows when bands will tour internationally again?  4/5

No comments: