Monday, November 16, 2009

Defiance


Defiance - Dvd (2008)

Another movie that I really wanted to like, I tried and tried, but I couldn't do it. I wasn't in the mood.

It is hard to be harsh to a movie that tells such an important story. Based on a true story, the Bielski brothers hide in the forest during the second world war. Jewish, they end up forming a large community with others sheltering there. Personally I would not have withstood one of their chilly winters, and it truly is miraculous that anybody survived.

I guess the director didn't do cheesy cliches in this movie, but for some reason it felt souless to me. 2/5

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I liked this film overall but still felt there was something missing. In my post about it, I think I said something about it not going deep enough and being too much on the surface. Soulless might be a good word for that.