Monday, July 29, 2019

Brittany Runs A Marathon - Film Festival 2019

Well here it is - Film Festival 2019.  I got the book several weeks ago but didn't open it until midnight last night.  That way I don't obsess over what movies are on, but instead choose the selection pretty quickly.

The first one I went to today was Brittany Runs a Marathon.  Brittany is a 20ish year old girl living in New York in a crappy apartment with a not so good job.  After a visit to the doctor and being told she is fat she decides to run a marathon.  At first nervous, she finds her stride so to speak and a new group of friends.  Not your usual cookie cutter comedy, this one is less about marathon running, but more about relationships and confidence.  At times the character of Brittany is not very likable but I did like that she felt real.  It also discusses a little bit about how it is to be fat, to be invisible and how she is only allowed to be loved once she has lost weight. 

Anyways the millennial to one side, and the older lady to the other both laughed at the same scenes I did and I am sure I did hear a few sniffles at the end.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like a movie that crosses boundaries, at least with audiences.