Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Hurt Locker


The Hurt Locker - DVD (2008)

Hmmm, I am on the fence about this one. I am sure it moved a lot of people and possibly it's impact was lost on me on the small screen, this may have been one best viewed at the cinema. To tell the truth, I am a bit over sitting with talkative annoying 19 year olds who text and call on their cells during the show, so I avoid the mainstream movies, and also the DVDs are a bit cheaper.

I get that for some, being in combat is about family, about being valued, doing their duty and living on adrenaline. I just want to know - where are the movie makers thinking about what would happen if some others got on planes and landed in the US, wouldn't the Americans be defending their turf, killing the invaders? I don't mean to get all political and stuff, but the whole situation seems crazy to me.

2/5

No comments: