Friday, May 24, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - The Meg

I know it would be silly cheesiness before I chose to sit down to watch this movie.  I do like a good scary movie where you know there will be one big final fight/crash/disaster scene and then the hero will save the day.  This one is a particularly formulaic movie with Jason Stratham as the bad boy who you know is going to save the girl.  I think though that he is a man who is more geared for action than for a lot of dialogue.  From the first half hour I could tell that this one focused more on the visuals and action than the writing or storyline.

The good thing is that watching it in the summertime won't make me afraid to go into the water.  I have been swimming with sharks in Tahiti years ago, and I was glad that this move wasn't around then.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

This one struck me as too silly. And so does Statham, unfortunately.