Thursday, October 31, 2019

Over The Top - Jonathan Van Ness

Jonathan Van Ness has come to my attention via Queer Eye on tv, but I have listened to some of his podcasts and watching his Instagram feed always makes me smile.  He is charismatic and real, and I always watch him and think how he would be the perfect party guest and a bonus as a hairdresser he could fix your hair.

In this book he is pretty honest about his past, his childhood sexual abuse, growing up knowing he was gay, being bullied for a lot of his life and his sometimes dubious lifestyle choices as an adult.  It may be challenging reading for some, but I enjoyed it and his real voice came across in this memoir.  I think as I finished this book, that I just liked him even more that I had when I started. 5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It looks like another person too young to write their memoirs...