Sunday, September 22, 2019

Run Away - Harlan Coben

Look it was a solid start for this book, with a fast paced promise of a real action thriller, but about 1/2 way in it all began to be a bit forced and spun out into a bit of silliness.  Harlan Coben is a top notch writer, and he usually is able to give you an even paced story with lots of twists and turns.  I think I was thrown when there was a two part narrative for a while which didn't make sense for some time.  I just wanted to hear more about the story that the story was based around, Father Simon who is searching for his daughter Paige.  Paige has been missing for some time, living on the streets with her drug addict boyfriend Aaron. 

So I was a bit disappointed by the time I reached the end.  It all seemed to reach a unbelievable climax to the story and I felt a bit let down.  Sadly not one of my faves.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

The 'bestseller' status must have been based on the author's name, then. His fans may be a bit warier next time.