Friday, September 20, 2019

The Last House Guest - Megan Miranda

Littlepoint Maine is a summer town, where the tourists come for their holidays renting expensive holiday homes.  Sadie is from the wealthy family running the show and she makes friends with Avery who lives with her grandmother after the death of her parents.  When Sadie goes missing on the night of a party, a small group of friends are all suspects.

While I got the premise of the story, it all fell a bit flat for me and didn't really resonate as all the characters were not particularly likable or memorable, although I could picture the windswept rocky coastline and pricey holiday homes in my head, the characters themselves seemed wispy creations. 2/5

2 comments:

sallyhicks said...

For Poppy, you sweet soul. I can only think your fur is so thick you can’t feel that gorgeous bag you love so much. It must have a smell you like .i wonder what was in it before you got it. Fancy Feasts perhaps. I watched the match on one hour delay. First few minutes I thought we were going to be slaughed but Yah we came through and I was so excited I am still awake at 4.45 am. Can’t wait to watch as many games as I can and I am happy to develop bags under my eyes. So pleased your mum enjoys it too. Sleep well sweet Poppy. xxx

John Bellen said...

This is an interesting review; sometimes it is the reverse: the characters are good but the setting is badly written.