Saturday, April 11, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Late Night

Emma Thompson is the hard arse late night television host who is struggling in the ratings and is losing approval from her new boss, in comes Mindy Kaling to add a female voice to the all male writing staff.  Somehow when I saw the press on this I thought it was aimed as a comedic movie, but I found it mostly unfunny and something was missing for me.  I wanted a touch of funny or magic but instead found it a bit flat, and devoid of any real chemistry which is a shame, as I usually enjoy watching both female leads. 3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Sometimes, being a popular actress or actor doesn't mean you do well with others. It's not automatic. I once heard a duet with Cindy Lauper and Sarah McLaughlin. It was terrible: the former's voice is loud and creaky, the latter's is soft and melodic. They did not blend well together.