Saturday, August 09, 2008

Hold Tight - Harlan Coben

Hold Tight - Harlan Coben (2008)
After a late night shift at work, and a late bedtime I decided that I would easily finish this new thriller from Harland Coben. It felt a little bit like hard work, as I think he tried to tie in too many stories at once. Central is Dr Mike and his wife Tia who are looking for their teenage son Adam, who is missing.

Then there is there daughter Jill and her friend Yasmin. Yasmin and her dad and his girlfriend, Yasmins teacher and his wife. There is also the mystery of another teenager who commited suicide at the local high school, the two abducted women and their torturers, and the police investigator and her team chasing them.

Every so often I had to put the book down and try to figure out the involvement of the character. As always Harland Coben has written a book that is easy to get involved in, pushes boundries and raises modern moral and ethical issues - controlling our children, restrictions to the internet, email use, organ transplantation and teenage rebellion.

A 2/5 for this ride.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

I have read three of Harlan Coben's books. Then I stopped. Not because they were lousy books, but because I felt it was sort of the same story told over and over again somehow. I like it when writers try and invent new and different stories, especially so when it's not a series of books.

But if one haven't read a Coben book before and look for a nailbiter and "light" read, then he's the man!