Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Visitor

The Visitor (2007)
I chose to not read the blurb in the film festival guide, as this had been chosen by one of my friends and sometimes it is nice to be surprised. What a great little film. Written and directed by Tom McCarthy who also did "The Station Agent", he again gives us glimpses into the lives of ordinary people.

Walter is a college lecturer who is going through the motions of living. When asked to present a paper at an economics conference he travels to his New York apartment where he is surprised to find a young couple are living, unknown to him.

The rest of the movie follows what happens when they are together. I highly recommend you splurge and buy yourself a ticket to this show - I am sure it will make you smile, and it might make you sad, but it will make you want to take up drumming. 4/5

1 comment:

DK & The Fluffies said...

I'll have to check this one out - I loved The Station Agent. ~DKM