Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mommywood - Tori Spelling

Mommywood - Tori Spelling (2009)
Tori Spelling seems to be in all the gossip magazines this week as she has dropped some pounds and seems in vast need of eating several loaves of bread. I had seen this book at the local borders, and seeing it could be a short read I wasn't going to fork out the dollars for it, but borrowed it from the library.

In it, Tori basically tells the story about her two children Liam and Stella. She seemed likeable, and trying her best to fit in. I was a bit annoyed about some of her behaviour. I mean surely if you are going to take your kids out and about, practice with the stroller first. Don't just abandon it, cause you can't fold it up. I think though, she has done ok for a girl who has grown up with not the most down to earth upbringing. I understand her issues with her mother, but really grow up and get over it.

A quick and suprisingly entertaining read, so much so that I have searched out her first book so I can fill in on her earlier stories. 3/5

1 comment:

Pia K said...

I did find the reality TVseries "Dean & Tory - Inn Love" rather fascinating, I never watches these types of series (or read gossip mags, coldn't care less) but for some odd reason this one I did watch. Simply because the whole idea of them opening up a B&B was so warped and unrealistic, her being so immature and superficial, him more grounded but still not able to run the whole thing himself, obviously. Such strange people. I guess you're somehow bound to become living in that world.