Friday, March 05, 2010

Jane Bites Back - Michael Thomas Ford


Jane Bites Back - Michael Thomas Ford (2009)
It has taken me over a week to read this book, shameful I know. It seemed like a good idea, it popped up somewhere in Blogland, so I rushed out and reserved it from the library. Actually, I could do that from home on the laptop.
In reality the book was rather dull. The premise being that Jane Austen is a Vampire who lives in upstate New York as a bookstore owner. It sounded promising, and I liked the idea a lot. It was just that Jane seemed to be a bit dull and plodding, and didn't seem to have done anything interesting in her 200 years around, except for retaining her virginity.
Not enough vamp action for the Twilight crowd, or any witty conversation or observations for the Jane Austen followers. So I can only summon a 2/5.

No comments: