Friday, August 08, 2014

Still Life

Oh for me you can forget the big blockbusters and the crazy car chases, it is sometimes the quiet little films that echo and you remember.  This one was a sweet little gem that I am glad I went to on a quiet morning.  John May works alone in a little office, tracking down family members that die alone in a London Borough.  When no one is found, he arranges quiet funerals where he may be the only one in attendance giving them a solo send off, but with respect as he has written the eulogy for the vicar and selected some music that he thinks they would have liked.

In tracing his latest clients background, he comes across a group of family members that are about to change his life too.

I am sure I wasn't the only one who wiped away a tear at the end of this little movie, I was just glad to be sitting on a side aisle by myself.  Very sweet.   4/5

No comments: