Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

A bestie and I were in the need of a mid weekend movie and chose this one as we wanted a bit of a laugh.  I did read something on the Telegraph this week, about My Big Fat Greek Wedding being the number one earner out of any rom com movie ever made -and wikipedia says it only cost $5 million to make, and took in $368 million.

This second movie comes 14 years after the first one, and Toula and her hubby are now proud parents,who with the help of their family have to help sort  their daughter Paris out, and help with a family wedding.

Look it was all quite sweet, but felt a bit like an 1980s tele movie for me.  We did laugh a bit, and lots of ladies in the audience we were in enjoyed it very much.  2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

The trouble with sequels to good movies is that the original - or at least good - idea is often used up in the first one, and the second either repeats it or comes up with an inferior idea. That's especially the case when characters are interesting: the same behaviour may not be as interesting the second time around. Many people agree with you on this one, so I read.