Monday, December 05, 2016

Holding - Graham Norton

Forgive me for not posting for a while.  Somehow my laptop has stopped working and I am left typing out posts on my phone like the middle aged lady that I am.

I had read Graham Norton autobiography and enjoyed his writing so took a chance on his novel.  Holding is a novel about a quiet Irish village, the local sole policeman who finally gets some excitement when bones are found at a local farm.  Two of the local women are considered suspects and as the investigation progresses we learn about their history.   I did enjoy the story, a slow and steady slice of rural life.  3/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds like an easy-going sort of mystery, if indeed it is even treated as a mystery. I rather like the sound of that.

Is your computer working again? Will you be able to get it repaired?