Friday, February 14, 2020

Parasite

I was interested in seeing who won best picture, director etc at this years Academy Awards as I had seen a couple of the movies before hand.  Parasite had played at last years film festival, which I had missed due to scheduling but my boss had said was good.  I checked on my day off if it was still playing and it was, so I bought a ticket.  The cinema was mostly full, which was surprising on a sunny Thursday afternoon. 

I won't give too much of the plot away, but it is the story of a poor Seoul family, who inch their way into a rich families home by taking on jobs for them, and the impact it has on both groups.  It is original and clever, and took some turns that I did not see coming which was good, it is always nice to be surprised. 

I didn't leave the cinema thinking about this one, and for me it's a solid 4/5.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

From what I’ve heard and read, it sounds rather an unpleasant story, so I think I will skip this one.