Sunday, May 05, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Book Club

This middle aged lady liked the look of this movie when it came out, but thought it would be rather cheesy.   I was happy to see it pop up on last weeks 99c special on Apple Itunes.  4 friends - Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen  have had a book club for the past few decades.  When they decide that this months special is Fifty Shades of Grey, they all find their lives changing.

Less cheesy than I thought it would be, I found myself smiling throughout and aspiring to be Diane Keaton when I get older (cool grey hair and trendy wardrobe).  It almost made me want to crack open a bottle of wine and start reading about Christian Grey.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I'm always afraid that these ensemble movies with middle-aged actresses (or older) will turn out full of stereotypes.