Saturday, May 11, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Ladies in Black

Sweet and charming is how I would describe this one.  16 year old Lisa arrives to work at an upper class Department store in 1959 Sydney.  Here she meets a group of young women and Magda a European refugee, and this is the story of this group of women and how all their relationships are changed by knowing each other. 

Watching this one the evening before Mothers Day I thought how I would have loved to take my mum to this one, or watched it at home with her.  She would have enjoyed the dresses and hairstyles as she was a beautiful young thing.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

There are movies that I think my father or mother would have loved to see. To have the chance to download hundreds of obscure titles, as I can do, would have been so much fun for them.