Friday, May 31, 2019

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Crazy Rich Asians

I loved the book that this movie is based on when I read it several years ago.  Made into a sumptuous movie, I am glad that it had enormous success.  Rachel agrees to go with her boyfriend Nick back to his family home, where he is to be the best man at his friends wedding.  Unaware of how rich and famous he is in Singapore she is overwhelmed by his family and friends, many of whom are not welcoming to her.  But like all good love stories, we know that love will prevail.  So many scenes made me smile and I think we all understand the duck out of water type story line and are suckers for a good old fashioned romance.  4/5

2 comments:

John Bellen said...

I've heard of this but I don't think it made a big splash in Canada.

Kea said...

I saw the trailers for this too, wondered if it would be good to watch. I'd probably enjoy it!