Friday, May 08, 2020

Middle Aged Lady Movie Night - Ad Astra

Oh Brad Pitt I can tell that you are a deep thinker.  There are so many more wrinkles on your forehead and you spend a lot of time doing the silent look away look in this movie from the Joey Tribiani school of acting.  Sending you into space in this movie was a good way of helping to fix my insomnia - that and a couple of Southern Comforts and L&P.  It is a movie that is mostly quiet with a few action sequences, but the silences of space and large vistas helped me to nodd off.  I was trying to make my living room like a cinema, and turn the lights off because movie theaters seem a long way off. 

Even you were not enough to sell me this story of quiet heroics.  Of facing your distant father, and of finding out what is important in life.  All the big questions.  I bet you could save us all though Brad.  I hope you do.  Can you invent a vaccine?  Can you beat the virus?  That's a movie I'd watch.  2/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I like movies that don't rely on action for excitement and are able to derive suspense and interest from dialogue and intelligence - but they still have to be able to do it. It sounds like this one didn't.