Thursday, January 03, 2008

Incomplete

Our Horses in Egypt - Rosalind Belben (2007).

I so wanted to love this book. You were the first one I grabbed at the library, for my new years reading collection. I loved your blurb, about an English women, her daughter and nanny who travel to Egypt to find their horse. Horses were requisitioned in the first world war and sent to the battlefields, where many were killed in service or sold at the end of the war. Part of the story is also told from the horse view point. What an interesting time and idea.

I started - I gave you 60 pages, but I got stuck with the language, the writing confused me and I wondered if I was horsy enough to enjoy you. Sorry to give you an incomplete, I feel awful returning you to the library, but life is short, I need to feel content when reading. Goodbye book, I hope someone else enjoys you . I notice on the Amazon review you get a five star review.

No comments: