Monday, January 07, 2008

Secrets of the Monarch - Allison DuBois

Secrets of the Monarch - Allison DuBois (2007)

Now I promise I am not going to read every psychics book there is to read, honest. It's just that I tend to read a lot about one thing for a while every so often. Allison DuBois is the real life psychic, who the show medium is based on. I have enjoyed her other two books but this one was a bit of a let down.

To be honest I didn't learn much about monarch butterflies, or what the dead can teach us about living a better life. I thought that it just had a bit of filler - tales about readings she had done, and no real substance. A very lightweight book, 211 pages of double spacing it is an easy light read. There was a bit of name dropping regarding celebrity friends and the real only intresting insignts, were stories about her family. I have seen her on television and she is an extremely likeable and interesting person, and I love her character and tv family on medium, but sorry honey I can only give you 2/5.

No comments: