Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Soldiers and Lovers - Leslie Thomas

Soldiers and Lovers - Leslie Thomas (2007)

I think I like Leslie Thomas, his tales are of normal folk generally centered around the second world war. Soldiers and Lovers is about Davy from Wales (of course) and Kate who meet up several times , before an accident in Italy causes Davy to lose his memory.

Nice easy reading, with a little romance - perfect to start the new year. 3/5

New Years Eve was a little cool and cloudy for most of the day, and as I was waiting for some photos to be developed I dropped into the local main town library. They had a great selection, and within 20 minutes I had managed to collect six new books to read, all brand new and exciting choices for me. I love a brand new book - the newer the better.

I was surprised at how many people were in the library, especially young people stocking up. We are lucky that with a population of about 200,000 we have a huge town library , and 14 branches in the city. The main one has a large cafe in it and lots of areas for studying, and resting. In fact several of the benches in the mystery/thriller section seem to be the sleeping spots of the local homeless people.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi - this is Leslie of topcatrules and Tigger the FBI cat.

I enjoyed loking at your book and movie choices. :)

I saw the Miss Potter movie on a plane last year when I took my youngest to Italy and Dubai. I enjoyed it.

I am reading Vroom By the Sea at the moment, the latest Peter Moore. I have two more travel books after that.

P.S. I enjoy finding blogs by the humans, behind the cat ones. Mine is http://lesliesmyers.blogspot.com