Tuesday, April 15, 2008

La Vie En Rose

La Vie En Rose - Dvd (2007)
I was so tempted to see this at the movies, but couldn't find a friend who hadn't seen it to accompany me. I don't mind going by myself, as long as it is before 5pm. So I waited til it arrived on dvd, and then reserved it at the local library.

Marion Cotillard you certainly enjoyed your oscar and after watching this movie, I think yours is the most deserved in recent years. What an astonishing job you did of portraying Edith Piaf over the decades, especially after seeing you so beautiful at the oscars I am thinking what a emotianal and physical stretch this role must have offered you.

At the beginning of the movie I was also struck by how beautiful the fashions were of the 1920s were, with their long straight sillohuette and wonderful coats and hats.

What points to give this movie - I think a well deserved 4/5 will sit well.

No comments: