Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Orphanage

The Orphanage (2007)
One we couldn't quite manage to co-ordinate at last years film festival. So, I booked it on dvd from the library, and it arrived right before my holiday - bugger. So as it is overdue tomorrow, and tonight was a bit of a cold wintry evening I sat down and watched it.

Basically Laura, once an orphan grows up and moves with her husband and adopted son Simon into the old orphanage. Once there strange things happen and her son, at a party - disapears. Not giving up on finding him, Laura searches high and low.

Certainly spooky, it was another beautiful stylised film - with subtitles, and wonderful Spanish accents which sound so lyrical. I thought it was a step up on the usual horror genre. I am not one for the Saw/Hostel rubbish, I like me a little bit of scary music and shadows. 3/5

No comments: