Saturday, October 10, 2009

(500) Days of Summer


(500) Days of Summer (2009)

I am so glad I went to see this movie. Most of all because it was warm inside, while it was brass monkeys outside. But more because I loved it - I'm giving it a 5/5 - go and see it.

  • I loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt - perfect boyfriend boy, not just a usual Hollywood pretty boy manboy.
  • Zoey Deschanel - well she is just adorable anywhere, anytime.
  • I love the soundtrack - I have gone on itunes and bought the tracks I didn't already have, and now have reloaded my the Smiths CD.
  • I love the story - didn't know where it was going, wasn't entirely predictable - but made me smile.
  • I love that the guys in the audience laughed as much as the girls.
  • I loved that it wasn't cheesy or smarmy. Yippee for smart funny movies.



1 comment:

Pia K said...

isn't it just the best when you stumble over movies (or books) worth 5/5?!

certainly looks like a worthwhile seeing flick, i like fun smart movies!

JGL has certainly grown (it's nice to see child actors being capable gron up actors too), i have to say that even if ms ZD is cute i find her rather creepy, can't really put my finger on as to why, something with her lazy speech and the not-quite-there look in her eyes.