Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (2005)

I finally got around to reading the book. Miss Belle (my niece) and I went to see the movie when it came out, and I bought the book at christmas, with one of my lovely vouchers. I never read it til, last week on holiday, I borrowed my nieces copy, as I had read my other two books.

I actually enjoyed the book, although the romance was a bit over the top soppy, I did enjoy Bella and Edwards getting to know each other, and was constantly having movie flashbacks.

The funniest thing while reading it, was on Saturday morning the local radio show uses Hamish and Andys Aussie show to fill in a few hours. The boys were talking about how they got made to watch the movies by their girlfriends, and that one of the boys knew a couple who had seperated because of Twilight. So radio callers called up to say that they had been dumped because they weren't as romantic as Edward Cullen, or in one case a girl who kicked her boyfriend out after seeing Titanic.

They also talked about there only being two camps: the ones who got into Twilight and the ones that don't. I enjoyed it, but aren't a super fan, but I am a few decades over 15 years old. What I couldn't figure out, was that if you were 17 for sixty years, why you would still want to stay at school?

A 3/5 for me, it was ok but I think I needed to be 20 years younger to really love it.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

i'm half way through this and i agree with most of what you say, now i find the love story too soppy and the writing not very good, but i would probably have loved it if i was in my teens. don't think i'll read the sequels.