Friday, October 15, 2010

Creation


Creation - DVD (2009)
I like me a bit of Paul Bettany, even with a receeding hairline and odd Victorian muttonchop sidies, there is something about him thats appealing. Even with his lovely wife Jennifer Connelly who always looks in dire need of a sandwich, they make a believable Mr and Mrs Darwin.
Especially after you google about them and find out they they were first cousins who married and lost several of their children at a young age, and including their favorite daughter Annie. And that the story that this movie is based on, was written by Mr Origin of the Species great great grandsons.
So, I enjoyed it in a Sunday Masterpiece theatre way, as I like a bit of corset drama - beats Adam Sandler and the manboys hands down. 4/5

2 comments:

Konnie said...

Thanks for the review. At first I thought I saw it, but now i am not sure so guess I better rent it and find out.

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

I like me a little Paul, too, sometimes! I almost always enjoy any movie that includes him... I'll have to see if I can get this through Netflix.