Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe


Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - DVD (1991)

1991 this one came out and I think I remember going to the movies to see it, but it was a loooong time ago now. Anyhoo I popped this dvd into the player on Friday night, to avoid the horrendous X factor show and local rubbish that dominate Friday night viewing - did I tell you that New Zealand TV sucks? Case in point - Adam Sandler is doing his monthly show of the Waterboy again tonight. Please stop the manboys deciding what to show - pllllllllllleeeaaaaase!!!

Anyway this chickie flick is the story of the friendship of a forty something woman who befriends an elderly lady at the rest home, and she begins to tell the story of two friends during the thirties. Without giving it away it is a great tale and even though it is 20 years ago, and looks a little dated the story is still strong, and I enjoyed this repeat viewing.

4/5

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Yes I love this movie!

Love Leanne