Saturday, April 09, 2011

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom - DVD (2010) Australians do crime movies really well, with just a touch of adventure and glamour, most of the crime shows and features show the grim reality, the paranoia, and the stupidity of it all. Hollywood however, tends to sensationalise the criminals dressing them up in designer clothes, living in flash mansions and driving fast cars, the Aussies show them living in the suburbs driving family cars and wearing their best polyester. Not one for the kids, as this movie is brutal in it's depiction of violence that forced me to look away at one stage, but I have a week ladies stomach. Still for me it was a 2.5/5 - ok but not memorable. Not that I am all about seeing a cheesy rom-com, somehow I am a bit annoyed by all of the depressing movies around at the moment.

No comments: