Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Messenger

The Messenger - DVD (2009) Hmmm, maybe I wasn't in the right mood for this one, but I felt it was trying to straddle the world between serious drama and buddy movie, and somehow didn't succeed for me in either genre. It is the story of two soldiers whose job it is to inform next of kin of the death of their family members in conflict. I know it is serious subject material, but I would think that for soldiers in this role, they would be prepared for it. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it didn't seem believable to me. Also I was distracted by the celebrities parents, that it would have been more effective to have strangers playing the family members. Having faces you have seen on TV series, just seemed to make it all a bit contrived. 1/5 - not something I would watch again.

No comments: