Sunday, May 01, 2011

Left Neglected - Lisa Genova











Left Neglected - Lisa Genova (2011)

Still Alice was Lisa Genovas earlier novel that is a must read.  It is the story about a woman who lecturing at university realises that she is slipping into early dementia, and the affects it has on her and her families life.  Now Lisa tackles what happens to a young business woman, Sarah who is married with three young childrens and suffers a brain injury after an accident.

The injury, affecting the right side of her brain, means that she is left with left sided neglect and can no longer control her left side or see or read as before, and the challenges she faces in rehab and at home.  It was compelling writing and I find her style is easily readable and completely believable, as I could picture the characters in my head.

Worthy of a 5/5, as I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends, and she is is on my list of must read authors.

No comments: