Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Pile of Books

Source - Books at BYU (Black Eiffel Website)



Source - Cool Hunter Website


Source - Cool Hunter Website

There is something soothing about a big pile of books, like entering a large library.  I only managed a couple of visits to the British Library, in London when I lived there.  It was always good to go early, as it always busy.  To see amazing letters and books written by Jane Austen, The Brontes,  The Beatles, and other authors, famous Queens and Kings, songwriters, Politicians - the whole of history really.

Mostly nowdays I have a bit of a routine.  I read a few book blogs, and visit the bookshops but seldom buy due to the high prices.  When I find something that interests me I look at the online library, and then reserve what I want, and if it is not there you can suggest they buy them.  Our local little branch library, has friendly staff but only a little selection, so it is always nice to head into town to the big library, especially in the winter weekend afternoons that are coming up.

No comments: