Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Social Network















The Social Network - DVD (2010)

The good thing about not going out to the movies, is that the DVDs come out in only a few months, and I am enjoying not spending $17 on movie tickets.  So it was looking like a boring Friday night with only American Idol on tv, which we already knew who won thanks to the interenets.  So after finishing late at work,  a takeaway dinner was in order and I dropped into the library for a quick look.

I wasn't really interested in this one when it came out as I don't do Facebook and I was familiar with the story already, and it all seemed a bit over hyped.  My instincts were correct for although a modern fable for our times, it just seemed full of dull lawyer scenes, uninspiring parties and lots of posh boys with sour grapes.

For me it is only worth a measly 2/5 - hardly entertaining, but worth a few points for the cinematography.

No comments: