Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bossypants - Tina Fey
















Bossypants - Tina Fey (2011)

I really really almost couldn't wait for this book to come out.  I caressed it at the bookstore ($32), considered buying it on Amazon UK ($18).  So I patiently waited for my library reseve to come through, seven long months later, when I still had a pile of about fifteen waiting I rushed along to the library to grab my copy.  I read it last night and this morning, and am glad I didn't spend all that money.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tina Fey and I did enjoy the first half of the book, when she talks about her childhood and growing up  with the acting bug.  Somehow though I felt she was trying a bit too hard to be funny, when it didn't need the jokes thrown in.  It felt distracting to the story and in the end I skimmed through the second half, with the replays of SNL skits and stories from 30 Rock.   I just would have liked to hear more about the Greek girl finding her way.  What about more dating and stories from College?  It felt like it just skipped from being at school and then being married.

So sadly, I can only manage to scrimp a measly 3/5, for the book I so wanted to love.

No comments: