Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Transition - Chaz Bono

















Transition - Chaz Bono (2011)

I saw Chaz Bono on the Oprah show where he was talking about his journey from being a woman to a transgender male.  The book was interesting, as he had had a confusing time growing up, trying to make it with a career in music, writing several books and trying to avoid being labeled as just Chers daughter.  He is very open about his early relationships and his growing knowledge of being in the wrong body.

Oprah has taught us all so much, and made people discuss transgender, intersexual and homosexual issues more openly, than may have happened otherwise.   I worked at a hospital where they did M-F gender reassignment surgery, and it was interesting meeting the patients, who were mostly lovely, although they did have a tendancy to want to show you their newly enhanced breasts.

A quick read - I think I started at 9am and was finished by lunch time, it was  a 3/5 for me.

No comments: