Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Panther - Nelson DeMille

The Panther - Nelson DeMille  (2012)

I do have a tendency to try and keep away from brick books, as I find myself drifting off halfway through, and just urging the author to end the torture.  The saving grace of this 500+ page book is that the author has made the main character John Corey so good.  He is witty, engaging , super smart and I can only imagine ruggedly handsome - and also, in love with his wife which I adore.

So Anti Terrorist Task force agent John and  FBI agent Kate find themselves being posted to Yemen, where they are to search for one of the leaders of the 2000 USS Cole terrorist attack.  Al Queda are still causing trouble in the region, and you spend the whole novel wondering who our couple can trust.

I have to say that I enjoyed the first half, but found for me that the second half dragged.  I still walked away though feeling like I had just been on adventure with an older Jack Reacher, one who takes us on an adventure and even travels on an air plane!!  Awesome!  3/5

No comments: