Saturday, June 16, 2018

Game Night

Really?  Is this the best you can do?  I don't know  this movie didn't do it for me.  Although I like Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams in it, I found the story a bit weak and not particularly amusing.  These two play  Max and Annie, a competitive couple who  host a games night with their friends.  When Maxs older brother Brooks arrives in town, he decides to make it more exciting by setting up a fake abduction that then begins to take a serious turn.

Like many comedies that follow the formula of then trying to turn dramatic they begin to lose my interest as both seem to do neither genre well and it just feels like a boring muddle.  There was one funny scene with the dog and the first two minutes were sweet.  Beyond that I struggled to keep watching. 1/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I suspect many viewers felt as you did. I've not heard of it, and it seems for good reason.