Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Waiting For The Last Bus - Richard Holloway

In his nineties the author Richard Holloway has had a career in caring for people, helping the bereaved and being there for people as they are dying.  In this book he reflects on what dying means, is it something that happens to us, or is it something we participate in.  It is a subject that I am interested in so I enjoyed this little book, and found it thoughtful and insightful.  Even though he has a religious background, I like that he still presents a variety of thoughts on what happens when we die, and that he himself is not convinced by the conventional teachings.

It may be a little morbid for some, but I really enjoyed this one. 4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

I guess in his nineties, the subject is a close and personal one for him.