Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Me - Elton John

I was a little surprised how much I liked this autobiography, as I wasn't expecting it to be so amusing and such an interesting read.  I guess over the years I have read bits about Elton Johns life, and knew that he didn't have a great relationship with his mother, but I didn't understand how hard and lonely a lot of his childhood was. 

You do have to admire his talent and success are a result of his hard work, but boy he seemed to have a wild ride along the way.  He doesn't hold back in this book in talking about his drug use,suicide attempts and sex life and I enjoyed his honesty.  It is so nice to know that after years of feeling unloved he has found love with his husband and sons. 

The best bit though of the book I think is that the tone of it sounds just like he is sitting on the couch next to you having a bit of a bitchy catch up, and I felt like I could have read on for longer. 5/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

It sounds a very readbale biography, not like many others.