Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Wham! George & Me - Andrew Ridgeley

I was just a teenager myself when the short shorts of George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley bounced onto our tv screens.  It was always a bit cheesy but I bopped along like the rest of my friends.  I may have ogled their pictures in the teen magazines, but I was unaware of their stories - of them meeting as young teenagers at school and becoming best friends.  I never quite realized how young they were when they found fame and were making us sing along to Club Tropicana and Wake Me Up Before You Gogo.

I liked this book, it was easy to read and not dragged down by lots of boring facts, but rather follows their stories in a light and breezy way.  I am sure the author is holding back lots of juicy stories, they must have had their fair share of parties and silliness, but I liked that it has some restraint.  4/5

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Good Heavens, they look young on that book cover. Was it so long ago? Good times, good times…