Monday, October 14, 2019

Downton Abbey

I have been wanting to see this one for a while and thought I had better get to it, before it disappeared from the cinema.  It is worth it to go and see on the big screen and I don't think that about many movies.  I would have to say that it was pretty much perfect and exactly as you would expect.

All the team showed up, and they are busy getting the big house ready for the royals, so they are all a flutter dusting, polishing and getting all spiffy.  I kept thinking, that in these crazy times, we all yearn for a bit of simplicity, for going back to the good old days, and Downton encapsulates all that.  Characters we know, going about their business as usual. 

So I'm going to say that it did bring a tear to my eye, so for that it is worth a big old 5/5.

1 comment:

John Bellen said...

Yes, I pretty much think that any decade prior to this one is the good ol' days...