Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dead Man's Footsteps - Peter James

Dead Man's Footsteps - Peter James (2008)
I had never encountered this author before reading a short review of this book, on our local libraries new thriller section. Roy Grace is a detective in Brighton, UK who is investigating the discovery of a female body in the local sewer. Leads and connections mean that the investigation takes us to Melbourne, Australia and to New York.

It took me to at least page 300 to be able to figure out who did it, as there were a few concurrent stories that did not interlock until the end of the book. And best of all, a twist that did not play out until the final sentence, which leaves me wanting the next book.

So after the disappointment of the Peter Robinson books which are too slow and bumbling for me, I think I have found a worth replacement. 3/5

No comments: