Sunday, June 07, 2009

Wuthering Heights - DVD

Wuthering Heights - Dvd (1998)

Out on the wiley, windy moors
We roll and fall in green.
You had a temper like my jealousy:
Too hot, too greedy.

How could you leave me,
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you. I loved you, too.
Bad dreams in the night.
They told me I was going to lose the fight,
Leave behind my wuthering, wutheringWuthering heights.

Heathcliff, its me--cathy.
Come home. Im so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.

Oh my gosh I love that song, still - after all these years. The dvd - mmm not so much. I got that they were acting the jealousy, obsession and revenge bits ok, but the love. I didn't really feel it. Matthew McFadyen would have been so much better as Heathcliff, maybe it is time for a remake.

3/5, and I might have to get another copy of the book.

No comments: