Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stories from Candyland - Candy Spelling


Stories from Candyland - Candy Spelling (2009)

Well I read the Tori books, which were fun and insightful and made me like Tori a bit more than before. This book from her mother Candy Spelling, seems like a way for her to reply to the very public mother daughter spat, and is I feel a bit of a bitter way to air your dirty laundry.

I am sure that Candy did what she thought was the best, in trying to run a home for her husband and children, but she comes across as a bit of an obsessed woman. Comitted to having the perfect home, spotless and clean, she even admits to letting them jump on the beds, but only in hotel and the white house.

It seemed bizarre at the end of the book that she posted lots of comments from friends, who had written about what a nice lady she was, good friend etc. Like she needed some sort of validation.

So 2/5 for this little book, and now back to the book mountain that is building beside my bed. I picked up another 6 books I had reserved from the library today. Luckily the tv is a pure suckfest of rubbish, as I have a couple of dvds to watch as well.

No comments: