Sunday, April 04, 2010

Alice In Wonderland


Alice in Wonderland (2010)

I hadn't really wanted to see Alice, it all seemed a bit over hyped to me, and I'm not a big fan of CGI overblowness. But the cool, grey rainy day enticed me into the cinema.

I liked Alice, young Aussie Mia was refreshing and not too cheesy as the niave Alice. I loved the voices of the characters, but found the CGI a bit distracting, especially with the changing perspectives of sizes of the characters. It was a bit of a visual feast, which was good as the story seemed a bit muddled. I guess that that is true of all the Alice stories, but I found it hard to follow in the first half, and can only wonder what the five year old sitting next to me thought.

So I can only summon a 3/5 for Tim Burtons latest.

No comments: